The next writing prompt in “God is My Happy Place” is
“What can you do to bless someone today?”
‘Finally, all of you be like-minded [united in spirit], sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted [courteous and compassionate toward each other as members of one household], and humble in spirit; and never return evil for evil or insult for insult [avoid scolding, berating, and any kind of abuse], but on the contrary, give a blessing [pray for one another’s well-being, contentment, and protection]; for you have been called for this very purpose, that you might inherit a blessing [from God that brings well-being, happiness, and protection]. ‘ 1 Peter 3:8-9 https://my.bible.com/bible/1588/1PE.3.8-9 AMP
There are so many ways to bless someone. The list is quite endless. The above verse was where I was reading in the Bible today & it talks about giving a blessing, and mentions to pray for one another’s well-being, happiness, and protection. It also talks about being like-minded in spirit, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, courteous, compassionate, humble. These are all ways to bless others.
Displaying the fruit of the Spirit is also a way to bless others.
‘But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. ‘ Galatians 5:22-23 https://my.bible.com/bible/1588/GAL.5.22-23 AMP
So what does this mean in practical terms. Well, I like lists, so I’m going to list some things that I believe to be ways to bless others. Though it is by no means an exhaustive list.
1. Praying for someone
2. Meeting a need in whatever way is needed.
3. Getting someone a gift
4. Sending/giving a card
5. Spending time with someone
6. Paying for someone’s meal
7. Calling/texting someone to check on them
9. Saying hello
10. Having a conversation
11. Being patient when someone makes a mistake
13. Listening to what someone has to say. Sometimes people just need a listening ear.
14. A hug (maybe not during this COVID-19 business, but normally)
15. Using kind words
16. When helping others do it to the best of your ability
17. Go pick up supplies for someone who is unable to get out
18. Mow someone’s lawn who is unable to do so themselves
19. Bake some cookies or cook a meal & take it to someone
20. Buy someone’s groceries
There are so many ways to bless someone. I could not possibly list them all here. So feel free to come up with your own ways of blessing others.
Many blessing to you all.